Wednesday 7 March 2018

100 Word Challenge

6/03/18


…but what if I was in charge?…


My evil stepsisters stand and cackle as I scrub the floor until
they can see the reflection of their ugly faces in it. But what if
I was in charge?… I would be the one laughing gleefully as
they grovelled uselessly at my feet.
They watch with pleasure as they force me to clean the
fireplace. But what if I was in charge?… They would clean
the fireplace until their faces were so blackened that they
would fade into the dark night, never to be seen again.
They sneer at my torn clothes. But what if I was in charge?...
Their expensive dresses would be no more than dirty rags.
But what if I was in charge?... Then the world would have
such things as happy endings.

2 comments:

  1. I very creative and well-thought out text. Even with a 100 words, you have created a story that has a beginning, middle and a conclusion. It will make your reader smile and also think about what they might do in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    I love your sophisticated vocabulary choices and images you create! Nice writing!
    Mrs. K (Team 100)
    Calabasas, CA USA

    ReplyDelete